The UW World Series actively supports the University of Washington’s educational mission, offering students opportunities to interact with a diverse array of acclaimed dancers, professional musicians and renowned choreographers in a variety of settings, both in and outside of the classroom.
Each season, many of our UW World Series artists spend time in the UW Dance Program and the UW School of Music, sharing their expertise with UW Students. Some of these classes are open to the community, check our facebook page for updates about open classes.
Residence Hall Concerts
The UW World Series is excited to be again partnering with the Residential Life Arts Learning Communities, now at McMahon and Alder Hall, to offer free dorm concerts. Students on the UW campus can experience these UW World Series Artists without leaving the comfort of their dorms. If you are a student, check back here for more information or follow us on facebook or twitter for frequent updates about these and other free events:
Special Events on Campus
- October 19, 2012 – Laurie Anderson DANZ lecture @ Kane Hall at 6:30pm (FREE)
- January 28, 2013 – Christopher O’Riley solo piano recital in Meany Studio Theatre @ 8pm ($10 student tickets)
- March 2, 2013 – Ana Moura lec/dem about Fado singing (FREE, location TBD)
- March 7, 2013 – Tafelmusik art history lec/dem (FREE, location TBD)
- April 10, 2013 – Trey McIntyre Project (TMP)—SpUrbans W/UW Dance students. Dance company TMP will be performing their spontaneous urban dance moves with UW Dance students around campus, follow us on facebook or twitter to find out where they might turn up!
- January-May 2013 – ArtsUW Rite of Spring Centennial Celebration