Free Youth Matinees
UW World Series offers Free Youth Matinees for thousands of K-12 students, showcasing an exciting array of modern dance and world music at Meany Hall. With 50% of seats reserved for students from low-income or underserved schools, our Matinees open Meany Hall to students who may not otherwise have the opportunity to attend a traditional performance. Registration is required.
The 2013-14 Matinee Line-up
AXIS Dance Company
Friday, October 4, 2013
Friday, November 8, 2013
Friday, January 24, 2014
Friday, April 4, 2014
Soweto Gospel Choir (FULL)
Friday, April 11, 2014
Alonzo King LINES Ballet
Friday, May 2, 2014
What information do I need to prepare for registration?
- School or group name, address, and contact information.
- Group leader’s name and contact information.
- Your group’s top three performance choices.
- The number of seats you desire (including teachers and chaperones as well as students).
- Transportation method.
- Special audience member needs (wheelchair, hearing impaired, etc.)
Performances are open to grades 3-12. Due to high demand, each group may reserve in only one performance. Group size is limited to 15 minimum and 110 maximum. Teachers are responsible for bringing an appropriate number of chaperones to actively monitor your group. No children under five are permitted.